This position includes day-to-day sales tasks and general customer interaction and follow-up as well as ongoing lead management.
Estimator Construction Job Duties:
You will be expected to perform any or all of the following functions. These examples do not include all of the duties which the employee may be expected to perform. To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Schedule sales lead appointments.
- Go to sales appointments
- Work up a formal bid renderings and build plans to send over to customer
- Follow up with customers on estimates sent and project status
- Required to get customer feed back and reviews once job is completed.
- Be continually meeting with Ryan to review sales and potential job profit.
- Track sales performance
- Complete material runs as needed
- Apply for permits as needed
- Snow removal work will be required when entering into the snow season
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities
- Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements
- Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
- Maintains cost keys and price masters by updating information
- Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Minimum Qualifications:
The requirements listed below are represented of the knowledge, skills, abilities and minimum qualifications necessary to perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Some experience in building, and grounds maintenance and equipment maintenance.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Good driving record
- Knowledge of the safety issues, regulations, and procedures utilized in public works activities.
- Skill in effectively communicating ideas and concepts.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and use good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness when dealing with the public, other employees, etc.
- Analyzing Information, Developing Budgets, Vendor Relationships, Reporting Skills, Estimating, Decision Making, Teamwork, Documentation Skills, Quality Focus
- Ability to critically assess situations, solve problems, and work effectively under stress and in emergency situations.
- Ability to successfully communicate and hold a conversation
- Ability to use a computer and need software to preform sales task, designs and scheduling.
- Be honest, with a high level of integrity and reliability
- Be dedicated to the profession to all customers and other team members
- Have a high “service orientation” and commitment to providing timely, responsive, and responsible plan and manage workloads to meet established time schedules
- Have a sense of humor and ability to interact with all persons.
To apply, please visit our Careers page
and fill out the form.