Spa-like bathrooms are more popular than ever in Denver, showcasing neutral color palettes, beautiful natural materials, and understated quality. Here at Kona Contractors, we pride ourselves on designing and constructing luxurious bathroom remodels, but we know homeowners like to put their own personal stamp on these projects as well. Outside of a well-executed professional renovation, here are several ideas you can use for making your bathroom feel more like a spa:
- A deep tub – It doesn’t get more “spa” than a traditional Japanese soaking tub, which is much deeper than a regular tub and usually includes a seat. This allows you to submerge yourself from the neck down, while also comfortably sitting. Scatter some flower petals in the water or sprinkle with scented bath oils, and let the stress of the day disappear.
- The right shower head – While many people only think of soaking tubs when they envision a spa, the ultimate showering experience can feel just as rejuvenating—especially if space and budget are a concern during a remodel. If your bathroom includes a shower, or a shower/tub combo, splurge on a massage shower head. You won’t know what you did without it.
- Heated towels – Of course, after a wonderful bath or shower, being able to wrap yourself in a soft, warm towel provides that extra luxurious touch. Towel warmers can be found in more varieties these days. Think about installing a heated drawer in your vanity to stow your towels. Or for a more budget-friendly option, you can go for wall-mounted bars, which will not take up a lot of extra space.
- Earthy flooring – Wood is a popular material in spas because of its natural look and feel, but it’s not always the best material to use in a damp area. Fortunately, faux wood tiles are an available alternative and can really add to a spa-like environment. They are usually made of porcelain or ceramic, but have a very similar texture and pattern to real wood.
- Adjustable lighting – There are times when bright lighting just won’t do, especially if you want to kick back and relax in your bathroom at the end of a long day. So installing adjustable dimmer lighting is a key way to create the mood that you want. Dimmer lights can be recessed in the ceiling or installed on the wall. But however you prefer it, having the ability to soften the lighting will make everything else in your bathroom feel more spa-like.
Check out these additional ideas that will turn your bathroom into a spa
For your Denver bathroom remodel and other services
, contact Kona Contractors in Denver. We specialize in quality workmanship by our team of experts. Call us today at 720-935-4922.