Everyone loves a great kitchen and the value it brings to the home. If your kitchen could use a facelift, you’ll want to be sure that the changes you make will help maximize the money you spend by including a few must-haves like better ergonomics, increased storage, and even room for technology. So as you think about your kitchen this year, consider incorporating some of these kitchen remodeling trends
to get a higher return on your investment:
When it’s time for your Denver kitchen remodel
- Gas & electric ranges – Many people debate about which is better: a gas or an electric cooktop. Fortunately, there doesn’t have to be a right answer anymore because manufacturers have started creating professional-quality ranges that include both electric and gas cooktops, so you can make the choice in the moment based on your cooking needs and preferences.
- High-tech appliances – Just like walking around with your smartphone, only these computers of the future live in your kitchen. That’s right: appliances like refrigerators are now computer-regulated, interactive, and multi-functional. There are even models coming to market that offer internet, TV/DVD, and email and messaging capabilities.
- Interesting countertops – Design is as important as functionality in a kitchen remodel, and countertops play a central role. Butcher block, marble slabs, mixing concrete with glass or metal, and soapstone continue to be popular, but if you’re looking for even more interest, think about other woods (like mahogany), engineered quartz, stainless steel, and concrete. And we’re not done at countertops. For kitchen cabinetry, check out these kitchen cabinet trends for 2016.
- Unique stove hoods – Stove hood design has stepped it up as well by leaving the boxiness of the past behind in favor of more rounded and sculptural stove hoods made from stainless steel or glass. Some even provide functional features such as built-in spice racks.
- Custom beverage centers – Wine refrigerators and coffee centers bring a level of luxury and style to any kitchen. Digitally controlled, built-in refrigeration units store both red and white wine at just the right temperature and humidity, whereas built-in coffee centers brew the perfect cup of coffee, cappuccino, or espresso while saving valuable counter space.
- Double-duty dishwashers –We’re interested in dishwashers that can accomplish two things at once: wash AND store dishes. The dishwashers of today can wash a whole load of dishes and store them when done—eliminating the need to unload the dishwasher and transfer plates, glasses, and cutlery to other cabinets. Some can even hold up to 20 place settings. And an added bonus is that they look like drawers on the outside, thus seamlessly blending into your cabinetry.
- Long-lasting lighting – Many homeowners are using LED lighting in their kitchens, not only because they come in a variety of colors, can be installed virtually anywhere, and emit almost no heat (so you don’t have to worry about burning cabinets or walls), but because they last 50,000 hours on average. No matter the trend, energy efficiency will never go out of style.
, look to the experts at Kona Contractors to help you design, build, and manage the project. Call us
today to get started: 720-935-4922.